- RDS - OLTP
- DynamDB - NoSQL
- RedShift - OLAP
- Elasticache - In memory caching
- Read Replica
2 copies of your data is contained in each AZ, with a minimum of 3 AZ. 6 copies of your data.
Aurora is designed to transparently handle the loss of up to 2 copies of data without affecting database write availability and up to three copies without affecting read availability.
Aurora storage is also self-healing.
- 2 types of replicas.
- Aurora Replicas (15)
MySQL Read Replicas (5)
DynamDB offers “push button” scaling, meaning that you can scale your database on the fly.
- RDS is not so easy - you usually have to use a bigger instance size or to add a read replica.
- Stored on SSD storage.
- Spread across 3 geographically distinct data centers.
- Eventual Consistent Reads (Default)
- Strongly Consistent Reads
- Single Node (160Gb)
- Leader Node
- Compute Nodes (up to 128)
Elasticache is a web service that makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale an in-memory cache in the cloud. The service improves the performance of web applications by allowing you to retrieve information from fast, managed, in-memory caches, instead of relying entirely on slower disk-based databases.