A Cloud Guru - Certified Solutions Architect Associate - Volume vs Snapshot Lab
Snapshots of Root Device Volumes
- To create a snapshot for Amazon EBS volumes that serve as root devices, you should stop the instance before taking the snapshot.
Volumes vs Snapshots - Security
- Snapshots of encrypted volumes are encrypted automatically.
- Volumes restored from encrypted snapshots are encrypted automatically.
- You can share snapshots, but only if they are unencrypted.
- These snapshots can be shared with other AWS accounts or made public.